July 11, 2009

How He Proposed

Ryan had the day off of work on Wednesday and I had to work until 5. It snowed most of the day, so at work Jeremy (my team leader) and I told Jeff (another co-worker) that he had to clean the snow off of our cars when he left because he's the newest member of the team.

When I got to my car after work I noticed it was cleaned off, but Jeremy's wasn't. I was confused, but once I got inside I found a card from Ryan. Inside the card was a seam ripper with a note saying "You may need this when you get home." At this point I had a pretty good idea of what was to come!

Once I finally arrived home (I had to drive slow because of all of the snow), I noticed the entire apartment was dark. When I opened the door to the apartment I was bombarded with 100 pink balloons at the bottom of the stairwell. The seam ripper was included in the card in case I needed to pop some balloons in order to get in the door. I plowed through the balloons and made it to the top of the steps.

Ryan had the all of the lights off and even unscrewed the light at the top of the steps so I couldn't turn it on when I walked in the door (as I always do). When I got to the top of the steps I saw Ryan standing next to the dining room table wearing a suit. He also had lit literally every candle of mine he could find (including a bunch from my storage bins, and he moved some from other rooms). At this point I knew for SURE what was about to happen!

I quickly took off my boots, jacket and threw down my bags. I ran to Ryan and gave him a kiss (or maybe two or three). He got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. His exact words were "Will you marry me lover?" Of course I said yes!

After we kissed some more, I asked him why he was so dressed up. Jokingly I asked if he was going to work because he has to wear suits to work. He told me we were actually going to dinner. I was not dressed nearly as nice as him, so I went to change quick. He said I had time before our reservations.

Once I was changed and started putting on my coat, the doorbell rang. Ryan sarcastically asked "I wonder who that could be?" We made our way downstairs and through the balloons. Greeting us at the door was a limo driver and a white limo! Ryan wouldn't tell me where we were going to dinner, but as we got closer and closer I figured out that we were going to The Melting Pot. We had celebrated our 2-year anniversary at this restaurant so it had some special meaning to us.

Dinner was delicious! When we arrived home we asked the limo driver to take a picture of us. I sent Ryan back through the balloons to run upstairs and grab my camera off the desk. The night was perfect and I am so lucky to have such an amazing man who wants to marry me!

Ryan and I would like to thank our friends at J. Anthony Jewelers for creating the beautiful ring!

Countdown

Wedding Countdown Ticker